Surf Sports forms a major part of our club, being invloved in
what surf sports offers will give you the full experience of Surf
Lifesaving. Training and competing in various surf sport
disciplines will provide you the skills to be a better lifeguard
and provides you opportunities to participate in a summer sport at
whatever level you choose, whether that is local competition or
even World Championship events.
We welcome you to join our team of dedicated athletes and
following principles form the philosophy of our club
- Fair Play
- Having Fun
club aims to provide Surf Sport training and programmes to provide
- Equal Opportunity
- Quality Sport Coaches
- Quality training to allow athletes to achieve goals
- Opportunities to attend Local, Regional, National and World
Surf Life Saving Events.
- Opportunities to enable selection for Provincial and National
- Logistical support for events
To be eligible to compete in Surf Sports, members must:
1. Be a financial member (subs paid)
and have completed the appropriate club registration form for the
2. Be registered with
3. Have paid any applicable sport
craft levies (if using craft).
4. Carry out rostered Patrolling
duties (refreshed SLA), with the exception of;
- Life Members
- Junior members, or
- Members living outside of the Canterbury geographical area,
- Otherwise at the discretion of the Club Captain
Members wishing to participate in Surf Sports should contact the
team coach or the club Surf Sport Manager.